The OTT WAD 200/314, a weighing technology combined with a self-emptying weighing rain sensor, is specially designed for the use in subtropical and tropical climates. The highly sensitive measuring principle of the precipitation meter meets the requirements of the WMO guidelines and delivers accurate measured values in real time for both quantity and intensity of liquid precipitation in the range of 0.001 to 720 mm/h.
The rain gauge has a low power consumption and is an accurate measuring instrument even under extreme weather conditions. A usually prescribed annual calibration can be carried out with the aid of a reference weight and is therefore more accurate than the usual calibration procedure using water volume.
- Parameters measured: Precipitation intensity and amount in real-time from 0.001 to 720 mm/h
- Measurement technology: Weighing principle with Tipping Bucket
- Product Highlights: Continuous and consistent rain monitoring technology with cumulative data output according WMO guide line No 8
- Interface: SDI-12 / RS-485, pulse, analog output
- Small size – installation on 2″ tube.
- Available with 200 or 314 cm² collection opening.
- Intensity and total data output according to WMO guideline no. 8 with measuring range from 0.001 to 720 mm/h.
- Compensation of temperature and wind errors by internal filter algorithm.
- Various data interfaces (SDI-12, RS-485, pulse output) for easy system integration.
- Configurable via USB port.
- Solid design for high MTBF.
- Self-emptying measuring system allows unattended long-term use.
- Low power consumption enables operation with solar power supply.
Examples of Use
- In urban areas
- Of Scientific Research Programmes
- Of Flood warning systems
- For the calibration of weather radar data
- As replacement for manual control precipitation measurement methods